How to Make Your Own Homemade, 100% Natural Lip Balm
In order to make your own homemade, natural lip balm, you will need a few key ingredients. You can either purchase those ingredients on your own or purchase an Eternity Lifestyle Solutions Lip Balm Kit from our online store. If you purchased an Eternity Lifestyle Solutions Lip Balm Kit, you should have the following ingredients in your Eternity Lifestyle Solutions kit:
Five lip balm tubes
One 2-oz metal container
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of beeswax
2 tablespoons of shea butter
This recipe should take no more than 10-15 minutes to make (with a kit) and it yields 5 lip balm tubes and one 2-oz container of lip balm. To make your own homemade lip balm, you need to do the following:
- Place beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter in a small pot over low heat.
- Stir until the oil, butter, and wax melt and become completely liquid.
- Uncap lip balm tubes and metal container (from coconut oil) and leave open on your counter.
- Remove liquid from heat.
- Add 7-14 drops of your favorite essential oil(s) and stir well (optional).
- Use pipette to quickly fill lip balm tubes with hot liquid.
- If liquid begins to solidify, making it difficult to pipette into the tubes, re-heat it on the stove until it melts enough to pipette into the tubes.
- Pour remaining liquid into the metal container.
- Let lip balm cool on counter until hard, then re-cap.
- Use and enjoy your beautifully-moisturized lips!
Let us know how yours turned out by commenting below!