Foundations of Gospel Health Evangelism – Online Medical Missionary Training
(480) 374-5486 TO ARRANGE FOR PAYMENT OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.
Foundations of Gospel Health Evangelism (formerly Health Coaching & Advanced Lifestyle Consultations) is an 11-week, online, health coach certification course that fosters an understanding of the call to gospel health evangelism and the various methods of engaging with health coaching clients as a part of that work. In this course, students will learn, explore, and utilize the C.A.R.E. Technique™ in order to effectively conduct health coaching sessions. The C.A.R.E. Technique™ is an easy-to-learn and extremely effective method of both conducting and documenting oral wellness interviews with lifestyle clients, as well as leading them on a journey towards optimal integrated health. In addition to learning the C.A.R.E. Technique™, students will also learn:
- the components of a medical interview,
- how to effectively inspire change within their clients,
- how to retain and follow up with clients throughout their journey to wellness,
- how to locate evidence-based therapeutic interventions,
- the legal aspect of health coaching,
- how to teach health principles in various forums,
- when to refer clients back to their primary care doctors or to the emergency department,
- and more.
Through our Business Center, students also learn the business aspect of health coaching. During this course, students have the opportunity to have logos constructed, websites designed, decide on prices for their services that are appropriate to their geographical location, set up accounts with companies for secure video consulting services and therapeutic-grade herbs and supplements, and more.
Students retain access to the course for one year from the date of enrollment. Upon completion of the course, health coaches have the opportunity to be featured on our website, which helps increase their websites’ rankings with Google and other search engines. They also have the opportunity to join the “SHINE Educational Institute Online” Facebook group, which provides a medium for professional networking among and continued support from both peers and instructors. As future opportunities arise, alumni will also be provided the opportunity to shadow our medical director, Dr. Janelle Louis ND, and our education director, Jeff Louis, in order to learn the clinical and business aspects of medicine and private practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding the practice of gospel health evangelism
- Understand the importance of practically integrating the gospel and the health work
- Understand the laws of health and the role that natural law plays in the acquisition, prevention, and reversal of disease
- Be able to effectively prepare for encounters with new clients by completing a standardized “new client work-up”
- Be able to professionally conduct a completely oral lifestyle consultation using the C.A.R.E. Technique
- Be able to properly document your encounters with clients in the format of a C.A.R.E. note
- Be able to evaluate a client’s willingness to incorporate lifestyle changes and frame conversations in the way that is most calculated to inspire change
- Know how to locate evidence-based research on natural therapeutics and how to find out which supplements and herbs are effective for specific conditions and which are ineffective
- Be able to compose and negotiate an individualized, evidence-based wellness plan that is in harmony with God’s method of healing for each client
- Be able to compose and conduct professional and effective health talks
- Be prepared to meet the most commonly-presented challenges in the work of lifestyle consultations and other forms of gospel health evangelism
- Know when to refer coaching clients back to their primary care physicians as well as when it is best to encourage them to go to the Emergency Room
- Understand the prophetic reach of the work of integrated gospel health evangelism and the importance of Bible work training for every medical missionary