- Home Page – Introductory info (e.g. basic info re: who you are and what you do), opt-in in exchange for newsletter sign-up (e.g. free e-book, report, strategy call, etc.), information re: upcoming events, blog post snippets, etc.
- About Page – detailed information about who you are and your background. People ALWAYS want to know who you are. Even if you include information about your business or ministry here, you should always include information about the faces behind the ministry. Ways to describe your experience even if you feel like you don’t have much include:
- Summation: Together, the Releford Lifestyle Center staff have over X years of experience in healthcare and social services.
- Personal Experience: I used these principles to regain wellness after battling ulcerative colitis for X amount of years. This inspired me to pursue further training to become a lifestyle consultant and health coach.
- Training: I am a health coach specifically trained in the administration of the C.A.R.E. technique by Dr. Janelle Louis ND and Jeff Louis OR by SHINE Global.
- Services Page – List the services you offer in clear, descriptive terms. This can include lifestyle consultations, in-home cooking classes, corporate health lectures, cleanses, disease-based programs (e.g. 10-day cancer program), etc. You may choose to list your prices online or to have them call for pricing. Do some research to find out how similar businesses in your area handle this. We also recommend having a community service initiative that allows individuals who normally would not be able to afford your services to gain access to them. We believe that the “worthy poor” should never be neglected. You may have people try to take advantage of this initiative, so it would be in your best interest to set up some sort of screening (e.g. asking for copies of their tax return to verify income if in the US). The community service initiative would also be a great way to get testimonials to put on your website.
- Contact Page – People need to know how they can contact you. If you have a self-hosted WordPress site with SiteGround, log into your Cpanel and create an email address with your domain name (e.g. email@example.com). Healthcoach@gmail.com looks unprofessional on a business page and you can do this at no additional cost to you if you have a self-hosted site. You’ll also need a phone number. You can get a GoogleVoice number that forwards to your mobile phone for free. If you have a physical location, you can get an Obihai box or some other VOIP (voice over IP) system that forwards calls to your Google number directly to a landline. This works over your wireless internet connection or your ethernet (wall) connection.
- Opt-in(s) – Capturing leads is extremely important when it comes to building any lasting business. You can do so by collecting email addresses at events that you hold or by having an opt-in (e.g. a free report on hypothyroidism, a handout for the winter on using home hydrotherapy to boost immunity, an ebook on decreasing exposure to environmental pollutants, etc.) that they can sign up for on your website. You can then send out helpful, relevant information; newsletters; promotions; and other information to your email list. No matter what you send out, it is best practice to make sure that you are providing value. When people see that you are sincerely concerned with their wellbeing and are willing to provide them with valuable and targeted information before they even schedule a consultation with you, it builds trust and rapport so that, whenever they are ready to work with a health coach, you will be the first one that they consider.
- Blog – Provide potential clients with valuable information and show them how you can help them. As a general rule for structuring disease-focused blog posts, you should tell them what they need to do, without sharing all of the details about exactly how to do it. For example, you could write that the steps involved in addressing autoimmune disease include healing the gastrointestinal lining and modulating the immune system. You could explain why it is important to decrease gastrointestinal permeability in autoimmune disease and even that your approach in modulating the immune system involves using immune-modulating botanicals and nutrients, but you wouldn’t necessarily want to tell them your entire protocol, because this knowledge is what gives you access to their physical health as a health coach and opens the way for you to talk to them about their spiritual wellbeing.
- Testimonials – Displaying social proof is one of the best things you can do for your business. When people see that you have been able to benefit others by God’s grace and using His methods of healing, they will be more willing to allow you to help them with their health. Research suggests that this is the case whether they know the people who have provided the testimonials or not. Whenever you have a client who has been benefitted by your service and with whom you have been able to build good rapport, I recommend asking them for a written or video testimonial to go on your website.
- Additional essentials: good visuals (Pexels, Pixabay, PhotoDune), consistent branding (font, colors, style, etc.), professional recognizable logo to help build a brand image
- Optional: online appointment request/scheduling feature, online store
Last Updated: December 31, 2017
**This is the end of this article. We’ll update this article when we think about additional components and we’ll update the “last updated” date accordingly.